Thursday, August 30, 2012

C'mere little boy...want some candy?

I think that Firefly (see post #1) had just figured out the candy store during our 8 or 9 week encounter.  Or maybe I am in denial - he was possibly in the candy store when we met :-|  

For a monthly fee, you can log on fairly anonymously and see all the lovely ladies, many post lots of pictures because we KNOW you guys like to look at pictures.  Bla bla bla, 5'x", blonde, brunette, red,  whatever.  She's dreamy.  You write, she writes, maybe you talk, weeee fun.

The initial stages of e-mails can be a bit of fantasy communications on-line and over e-mail and even the phone can be quite alluring.  Trying to meet face to face, let your guard down, and see your candy in the light of day is a whole 'nother thing.  How often I have seen on a guys profile "if you don't have a picture or if it is from 10 years ago - forget it"?  As often as the gals say "if you lie or are not the person you say you are, forget it".  Do I look different?  I thought you loved my soul...

No games?  Dating is a bit of a game - don't kid yourself.  Lot's of unwritten rules.  Don't be too aggressive nor too passive.  Neither too needy nor too aloof.

I did the dating game for a short while early in the my online experience (7 years now), but what I'm really hoping for is to not to need to juggle men on a site or in real life.  I'll play a while but I look for is enough of the brain / heart / mojo connection with one guy and see where that goes.  I don't want to have to review my rule books and determine if I should go out with bachelor #2 because he didn't call in time (call by Wednesday for a date this weekend).  You'd have to read the rules to understand.  

This current round of seeking a mate has been interesting.  I am dating nicer, older, larger, shorter,  not of my religion, may even try a widower - stepping out of my comfort zone or my "list" - to cast off old rules and welcome new ones.  Everybody is playing nice right now.

The candy store has proven addictive for many.  It is a proven fact that having more options does not lead to better or quicker decisions...possibly more games.

I'd like to graduate this year from the online world.

And I can quit any time I want to.... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment