Monday, February 24, 2014

Little Lies

Recently I was contacted by a guy on Match.com.  59, he said, all grey hair, part-time lawyer, enjoys his City life and yoga and we had several other things in common.

He sent a short e-mail about liking my profile and I responded wanting to know how zen and lawyer and yoga live in the same world?

He asked for my number and suggested we talk (Tuesday)

I respond with my number and throw out a few possibilities for my schedule.  He e-mails 2 days later and suggests we meet for coffee and a walk in a popular SF neighborhood.

I heard nothing from him over the weekend but he did call on Sunday evening when I was out, and left a message.  Something made me want to check his number.  I Googled his digits and find out he is indeed a lawyer, one who has been suspended several times in the last 10 years, he is currently suspended - STRIKE 1 & 2, and that he is in fact 66 - STRIKE 3. On his web site I can see he has 1 rave review - and it seems written by a PR agency.

There is no shock that a lawyer would do some shady things, and it may be true that all is fair in love and war but if a lawyer can't cover his problems and publicly available facts this is not a great lawyer.  No further questions, your honor.

*gavel hits the base*!
Case Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment